Are you unable to recognize flash drive on Windows or Mac platforms? Well, it can be due to various issues such as
• USB ports are not working
• OS is not updated
• If USB drive is malfunctioning
• Drivers may not be updated
• USB Formatting issue and so on
Well, whatever might be the reason for unrecognized flash drive issue, here are few ways to fix it.
Method 1: Fix Flash Drive not recognized issue in Windows
Solution 1: Scan to check for USB Issues
1. For this, insert the flash drive into your PC’s USB port
2. Ensure you have right-clicked on the removable disk in My Computer section and open the Properties section
3. Now, access the Tools section
4. Here you need to make sure that you clicked “Check now” button so that the new menu appears. There you need to select both the options and press the start button to scan the device and fix the issue.
Solution 2: Reformat the USB
1. You need to right-click on the drive to select the format option
2. Next, you need to format using NTFS instead of FAT32 or vice versa to solve this issue.
Solution 3: Update the Drivers
1. To update, you need to access the run command and then type devmgmt.msc within the tab.
2. This will proceed to the device manager
3. Then you need to find the Universal Serial Bus controllers
4. Then right-click the drivers and choose the option to update the driver to resolve the issue.
Solution 4: Update OS
1. To do this, go to Control Panel > System and Security
2. Here you need to make sure that the “Check for updates” option is selected
3. Then the OS will be updated
4. Next, you need to restart the system and make sure that the issue is resolved.
Method 2: Fix the “Flash Drive Not Recognized” issue on Macintosh
Solution 1: Manual Connection Issue
1. For this go to Applications > Utilities
2. Under devices section, select Ask me what to do, 500 #2 option
3. Then move to the Devices menu > External Devices to connect the USB drive manually
Solution 2: Formatting the Mac drive to resolve this Issues
1. Press and hold the cmd + spacebar keys simultaneously and after inserting the USB, type “applications” to access the application folder. There you need to find the disk utility.
2. You can find the USB that is to be fixed on the left panel
3. Here the user needs to press the erase button and make sure that the process ends.
Method 3: Make use of reliable data recovery software
When you are unable to fix the above flash drive issues, then worry not; you can get a lot of recovery tools to fix this issue. But, choosing the right one is important. In such situation, you need to make use of Remo Driver Discover tool. This application can easily update the outdated drivers and reinstall the missing or corrupt USB driver successfully without damage other healthy drivers and data. This utility scans your entire system and identifies the USB driver that needs to be fixed. Also, provides free backup and restores function which will be helpful while restoring or reinstalling the OS or while formatting the hard drive etc. Also, supports various USB manufacturers like HP, Kingston, Sony, Transcend, etc.