SD cards are the main source of storage device in several electronic gadgets like cameras, camcorders, mobile phones, and many more. Though, these electronic gadgets have some internal memory space, to increase the storage capacity, users generally go for external storage device like SD cards in their devices. So that huge number of files can be saved in these devices. As, we use the same SD card on multiple devices, it can result in the corruption of the SD card, due to which we may not be able to access the files stored in SD card.
Usually SD cards get corrupted due to various reasons. Reasons behind corruption can be divided into two categories, namely physical and logical. Corruption to SD card caused by logical reasons can be fixed, whereas physical damage can’t be repaired. Before going to know how to fix corrupted SD card, it is very much important to know the logical reasons responsible for the corruption of SD card
Reasons behind corruption of SD card:
- User mistakes is the most common reason behind the corruption of SD card. Computer users are humans and every human commits mistake in their daily life. So, at times, after the completion or in the middle of any read/write process going on between SD card and the computer, he or she may abruptly eject the SD card from the system that can result in the corruption of SD card
- Usually, all flash storage devices will have FAT as the default file system. So, at times, when users are changing its file system from FAT to NTFS, if any interruptions occur, it can result in the corruption of SD card
- Bad sectors, severe virus intrusion, etc. are the other reasons behind SD card corruption
How to fix corrupted SD card?
Remo Recover is a perfect tool that comes out as a solution for your query “How to fix corrupted SD card?” It is specially designed to fix corrupted SD card on Windows computers. As it is developed with advanced scanning techniques, it scans your entire SD card in quick time and recovers all your files in within no time. With this corrupted SD card data recovery software, you can retrieve pictures, videos, music files, documents, and many more with great ease. Before purchasing the software, check out its ability by downloading its free demo edition. In demo version, after the completion of recovery process, you can view the recovered files using in-built Preview button, thereby yiu can analyse the software before activating its complete edition
More features of Remo Recover tool:
- Remo Recover supports data recovery from corrupted, formatted, reformatted, damaged, and inaccessible SD cards
- Apart from SD cards, it is proficient enough in recover data from a corrupted pen drive, computer’s internal as well as external hard disks, USB flash drives, jump drives, FireWire drives, and other storage devices
- SD cards of several brands such as SanDisk, Sony, Transcend, Toshiba, HP, Kingston, Lexar, etc. are supported by this software
- Demo version has an advanced “Save Recovery Session” feature that avoids you from rescanning your SD card again, while running complete version, as you can use “Open Recovery Session” button and save the recovered files at your desired location
Follow these precautionary measures after the corruption of SD card:
- As soon as your SD card is corrupted, immediately stop its further usage to prevent formatting and overwriting of the data
- Do not carry out anti-virus scan on your corrupted SD card, as it may result in further damage of SD card