In this technical era, most of the people use many electronic gadgets like smart phones, cameras, camcorders, iPods, etc. No doubt, all these devices comes out with in-built storage capacity. But, to increase the storage capacity to store our favorite videos, memorable photos, and other media files, we use memory card as an expandable storage device in these gadgets. We think that all our image files, and other media files are safe once we store them in the memory card used in our gadgets. But, it is not correct, and we may lose our important photos from memory card at any stage due to some technical issues or our own mistake
How photos from memory card gets lost?
- If interruptions such as abrupt ejection of memory card from the card reader or sudden power outage occurs while transferring images from memory card to computer or vice versa, then it can lead to loss of few photos
- Trying to capture or save photos on the memory card when camera battery is critically low and when the memory card is full can lead to loss of pictures on memory card
- Using the same memory card on multiple devices can corrupt the card due to which you may encounter some error message like “Card cannot be used error”
- If the file system of the memory card is corrupted, then you cannot access it until you format it. Generally file system gets damaged or corrupt due to abrupt or abnormal ejection of memory card from any device during read/write process.
- If harmful virus or spywares intrudes in to memory card, then it can infect the image files and in some worst cases, it hides the files.
- Formatting the memory card knowingly or unknowingly without having backup, formation of excessive bad sectors, accidental deletion of important image files while deleting unwanted files, Pressing Delete All button while previewing files on your digital device, etc. are the other reasons behind photo loss from memory cards
Software to find lost photos on memory card:
Remo Recover is a well-known photo recovery software that helps you to find lost photos on memory card. It retrieves all formats of image files such as JPG, JPEG, NEF, CRW, CR2, ARW, BMP, TIFF, GIF, PNG, DNG, RAW, PSD, etc. in just few clicks of mouse. Before you purchase the software, try its demo edition to recover lost photos on memory card for free of cost. With its sophisticated scanning techniques, it scans the entire memory card and recovers your photos within couple of clicks. After it finishes the scanning and recovery process, allows you to view the recovered image files with its in-built Preview button. By previewing the recovered picture files, you can evaluate the ability of the software before purchasing it. Once you got satisfied with the tool, purchase the software and save the recovered files at any of your desired location
Important Note: Before you go for recovery process, make sure that the lost image files are not overwritten with new files. So, it is recommended to stop usage of the memory card as soon as you lose your image files. If the memory space on memory card is stored with new files, then recovering the lost files becomes quite difficult
Other features of this tool:
- Remo Recover can not only recover image files, but also recovers videos, music files, Word documents, PowerPoint files, PDF files, and many more
- It restores missing or deleted picture files from memory card, hard drives, pen drives, thumb drives, FireWire drives, and other USB drives
- Memory cards of all types such as XD card, SDXC card, SDHC card, MMC card, CF card, SD card, etc. are supported by this software
- It runs well on all popular Windows versions including Windows 10, Windows 8, 8.1, Windows 7, XP, Vista, Windows 2000, Windows Server 2003 and 2008
- Demo version comes out with “Save Recovery Session” feature that enables you to save the recovered files while running its licensed edition, by using “Open Recovery Session” without rescanning your memory card again